Monday, November 29, 2010

Kahlua Chocolate Cake


Recently I've been trying to come up with a new flavor to add to my 'roster.'  Being that I LOVE chocolate I thought about doing something extra to a great recipe I already use from Glorious Treats.  So, I decided to punch up the flavor a bit with Kahlua.  Coffee intensifies chocolate so I thought this would be a good addition.  I reduced the boiling water to 3/4 cup and replaced with 1/4 cup of Kahlua.  In the end the Kahlua flavor was subtle and the cake was deliciously moist. Overall, this cake was a HUGE hit and I would definitely make it again.


Added dry ingredients  (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt) to wet ingredients (eggs, oil, milk and vanilla)

Mix in Kahlua and boiling water
Batter will be runny
Drizzled Kahlua on top and in between layers
3 layers of frosting
Covered the cake in rosesusing small star tip (Wilton). Couldn't find my large star tip 21
Voila!




2 comments:

  1. UMMMM We NEED that cake in Maryland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the first to slice into this cake. That cake was so good. Took a huge piece home to share with the fam and once my mom had some, she decided it was hers. Never got another piece again. But from what I remember it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete