Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling


I've had a can of Organic Pumpkin Puree since Halloween and kept talking about making Pumpkin Bread. Since my daughter is not into big breakfasts, I thought this would be a good choice for her.  I searched the Internet for "the perfect recipe." I wanted something a little more special than just regular pumpkin bread or muffins.  Then, I found this recipe on Joy of Baking.  I halved it and modified it a bit (see end of post for recipe).  I did this at 4:30 AM!  It came out very moist with the perfect amount of sweetness.  My daughter loved it!
Dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice
Wet ingredients- Organic pumpkin puree, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract; brown sugar and cane sugar
Add half of batter, layer with cream cheese filling then top with remaining batter
Bake for about 1 hour and let cool for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. One of the caterers we use at work makes this with carrot cake. soo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good too! May have to try that combo.

    ReplyDelete