Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mini White Chocolate Amaretto Cupcakes


I did a "recipe remix" using one of my favorite alcohols and my love of chocolate.  Some people do not like white chocolate but I do not discriminate when it comes to chocolate. I have love for ALL of them:). Searched online for some and nothing seemed like it would work so I took the recipe from the Caramel Cupcakes, followed pretty much the same exact steps but made a few ingredient changes and stirred in the melted white chocolate right before baking.  Overall, I thought these were just OK. Kinda too sweet and not moist enough for my taste.  I got good feedback about them but not so sure about making these again.

INGREDIENTS (makes about 36 minis)
1 egg
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp amaretto
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
3/4 cake flour ( make my own sifting cornstarch and AP flour)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 stick butter
5 oz melted white chocolate (cooled)

I did these for a graduation (nursing) celebration so I made cupcake picks to liven them up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Where are the directions? Is the cooking method the same as a standard cupcake?

    ReplyDelete