Saturday, December 24, 2011

Baby J's Cake

One of my book club friends had a baby this past May. Unfortunately the majority of us were not able to make it to her baby shower and with everyone's busy schedules we finally were able to get together this month. We threw her a small surprise shower during our gathering. Everyone brought something and my contribution was dessert.  I kept it simple by making a Yellow Butter Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream. To jazz it up, I melted chocolate chips over a bain-marie and drizzled them randomly over the cake. To personalize it, I used chocolate chips to monogram his name. The best thing about this book club meeting was that baby Julien was actually there. Although he couldn't have a piece, we were all too happy to eat it in his honor lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment